.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

 

Ordinary Hero

Schoolgirl, mother killed in two road accidents

Supt John Roche from Gorey Garda station said Ms McGlynn appeared to have fallen under the rear of a 40-foot articulated lorry.

Ms McGlynn, who is believed to have come originally from Bray, Co Wicklow, managed to push a pram containing her three-month-old son out of the way before she was killed.

She did that and in a couple of days she'll just be another Irish road-death statistic.

Comments:
I heard that story on the RTE six o' clock news. It was just two sentences long; that she'd been killed and then that she'd pushed the pram away. It was one of those hairs-stand-up-on-the-back-of-your-neck moments, but it was presented as just another road death story, and a short one at that. I think it's a remarkable story and should have been given more prominenece.
 
And why on earth did I write that as a comment in your blog instead of saying it to you when you're sitting right across from me?!
 
And why am I replying to it on the blog, even after talking to you about it in class?

Because having comments makes me feel important.
 
Hey, you're sitting right behind me, but how'd you get on in the feature assessment? (that's FOUR comments now)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?