.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 19, 2006

 

Who stabs a fireman?

Emergency workers in Ireland are to be issued with stab-proof vests because ambulance workers and firefighters are reguarly being attacked while doing their jobs.

'one Dublin fire-fighter needed 35 stitches in his face after being struck with a bottle'

I wonder about that:

I've just been smashed in the head with a bottle.
Here, let me get you a protective vest.
Didn't you hear me, spanner, it's my head.

But really, what's the mentality behind attacking people who put out fires and transport the seriously ill? How socially retarded do you have to be to see lifesavers as targets?

And why don't the GardaĆ­ need protection? They must get even more hassle.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?